![]() |
| The eyes of experience |
I saw this image for the first time in English class and it really made an impression on me. I was instantly drawn to the girl's haunting, other-worldly eyes, which seemed to stare straight through me. These piercing beacons drew me into the story of this young girl, a story that I can only piece together from the clues on the page. The girl's ragged appearance tells of hardship and poverty. I imagined myself walking through a harsh, dusty landscape in the footsteps of this girl and instantly wanted to retreat to the safety and comfort of my classroom. I could not possibly cope with the difficulties she must have experienced. Her features are the same as mine, yet hers have the darkened edge of understanding. I can imagine and know what it is like to live in times of distress, but only someone with such a shadowy, weathered appearance can genuinely understand it. This image made me realise that I am truly lucky.

This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete